Dressed in professional attire, the Prime Z390 series caters to daily users and content creators with well-rounded specs and features. Combining the benefits of the latest processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, Prime Z390 provides a wealth of options for performance tuning via intuitive software and firmware features.
TUNE IT YOUR WAY
Prime Z390 simplifies CPU overclocking with software and extensive tweaking options that give beginners and seasoned overclockers alike the tools to build well-tuned machines. A new memory trace layout provides stability and compatibility for both traditional DIMMs and RGB-infused memory, letting you pair a broad choice of DRAM kits with your build.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Prime Z390-P offers one of the best in the business.
Reimagined from the ground up
To provide Intel’s latest processors’ unfettered access to memory bandwidth, we’ve reimagined motherboard trace routing from the ground up. Our OptiMem II tech carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and also adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk. And to further enhance overclocking headroom for fully stacked memory configurations, we’ve employed a highly customized T-Topology layout that delivers time-aligned signaling.
Mem! OK II
Mem! OK II automatically fixes boot failures that arise due to memory overclocking and instability. When a DRAM-related POST error occurs, the motherboard adjusts memory parameters until the system is able to start.
COOL AND RELIABLE
Prime Z390-P is designed for builders who want essential ASUS reliability and performance. More CPU cores create power-delivery challenges, so Prime Z390-P has extra power phases and comprehensive cooling features for optimal performance.
COOLER BY DESIGN
Cooler by design
Prime Z390-P features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
POWER DELIVERY ENHANCEMENTS
Enhanced power delivery
Prime Z390-P adjusts power delivery based on the number of power phases, optimizing power and efficiency for the latest Intel processors.
ProCool power connector
Compared with traditional power inputs, ProCool sockets are built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines. This lowers impedance, which helps to prevent hotspots and connector failure.
BUILD TO LAST
Built to Last
ASUS motherboards are exhaustively tested for compatibility with more than 1,000 components and devices, and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8,000 hours of strict validation — offering the peace of mind of knowing that your ASUS motherboard is fit for all environments and applications.
ASUS Lighting Control
Brighten up your build
With 5050 RGB strips connected to the RGB header, you can create your own stunning multicolor lighting displays with static, blinking, fading, and strobing effects.
* The RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m.
** RGB LED Strips are sold separately.
UPGRADE TO UNRIVALLED AUDIO
Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you’ve ever experienced!
Intel® Socket 1151 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 3.0
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 3.0 Support Depends on the CPU types.
4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® UHD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DisplayPort ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz
Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider™
DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport compliant, supports DP 1.2 monitor daisy chain up to 3 displays
* The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor.
Supports AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or x8+x4+x4)
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 Wi-Fi/BT and Intel® CNVi (Integrated Wi-Fi/BT) module*
*For 3 SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX16_1 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
* The Wi-Fi/BT module is purchased separately
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*1
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 2 mode)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology supports
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
Intel® CPU with Intel® Rapid Storage Technology support (RAID 0 & RAID 1)
PCIEX16_1 slot supports up to 3 Intel® PCIe NVME SSDs via a Hyper M.2 X16 series Card
Realtek® RTL8111H, support LANGuard
Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
* Choose the chassis with HD audio module in front panel to support 8-channel audio output.
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel, , Type-A)
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, , Type-A, 4 at mid-board)
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
3 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s)
- Advanced fan and liquid controls for ultimate cooling and quietness
ASUS 5X Protection III :
- ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 9 Phase digital power design
ASUS Optimem II：
- Optimem (Improved DDR4 stability)
ASUS EPU :
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
- ASUS Fan Xpert 4
ASUS EZ DIY :
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
Overclocking Protection :
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds)
- Enhance memory compatibility. More smart and convenient. Keep high performance. (Shorten the PC starting time)
- Auto download driver and software. Friendly for first PC builder.
Back I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A,
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A,
3 x 8-channel Audio I/O
Internal I/O Ports
1 x Lighting Control RGB Strip Header(s)
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
1 x USB 2.0 1-port connector(s) support(s) additional 1 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 1 with E key, type 2230 Wi-Fi/BT device support or Intel® CNVi (Integrated Wi-Fi/BT) module
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 X2 mode)
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
1 x AIO_PUMP connector
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 8-pin EATX 12 V Power connector
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x MemOK! II switch(es)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
2 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x SCD
1 x System panel connector
128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, SM BIOS 3.1, ACPI 6.1, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 EZ Tuning Wizard, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log, F9 Search, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
ASUS EZ Update
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
Windows® 10 64-bit
ATX Form Factor
12.0 inch x 9.2 inch ( 30.5 cm x 23.4 cm )
WOL by PME, PXE
*1.When a device in SATA mode is installed on the M.2_1 socket, SATA_2 port cannot be used.